Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Semi Wrap Up

It's been almost three years since I got hit with OMS and a lot has happened since then. It just left me a different person than I was before getting sick. To close the chapter on that long, strange part of my life, I ran the Portland Marathon in 2009. It was my longest marathon time ever, but at the end of it I felt super empowered and ran with renewed energy through that finish line. Unfortunately, I was sick for 5 weeks after the marathon, but that doesn't make me regret doing it.

We moved a lot and finally are back in Portland again. Both my boys are in good schools and I am focussed on keeping up with them and our crazy household. I also am trying to get back into running and maybe some soccer for fun. I feel like an old person who just can't handle the cold and dreams of the day I move back to Hawaii and no winter! Until then, I am feeling truly blessed and happy to have everything I have.

No comments: